Greensboro, N.C. –Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is thrilled to announce that Kayla Adams has been named one of Destinations International’s 2022 30 Under 30 recipients. To learn more about each honoree, click here.
Kayla is a native of Winston-Salem, NC. While pursuing her bachelor’s degree in sports management at Guilford College, she interned with the Greensboro Sports Commission where she was introduced and fell in love with sports tourism. She was a member of Guilford’s women’s basketball team. Kayla also received her master’s degree in sports management from Wingate University. As a sports-enthusiast and team player, Kayla works very closely with Greensboro’s sports facilities, local organizing committees and surrounding hotels. She advocates for all sporting events, playoffs, tournaments and gatherings no matter how big or small. Kayla looks forward to assisting all sports event organizers, rights holders, meeting attendees and tourists to ensure a great experience in Greensboro.
“The Greensboro CVB was honored to find out that Kayla was recognized by the Destination Organization Industry as a Future Leader. She is a remarkable young lady with a great deal of passion, charisma and knowledge for the sports tourism industry.” stated Henri Fourrier, CDME, President/CEO, Greensboro Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30, are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our industry’s ability to attract, develop, and retain the talent it needs to remain competitive, drive innovation and maintain relevance. Studies on equity, diversity and inclusion show that there is an opportunity for training and education for entry and midlevel employees that would have a long-term impact to implement equity, diversity and inclusion practices and be deliberate on succession planning.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “As our industry moves toward recovery, we are especially excited to announce these young professionals as they are the future of the travel and tourism industry.”
“The Destinations International Foundation believes in building up the leaders of tomorrow, said John Percy, president and CEO of Destination Niagara USA and Destinations International Foundation chair. “We are proud of our 30 Under 30 Program and for the foundation investors who make programs like these possible for our industry. We look forward to engaging with them through professional development and networking opportunities throughout the year and in the years to come.”
“We are thrilled to honor this year’s class of emerging young leaders,” said Mike Gamble, president and CEO of SearchWide Global. “As we continue to rebuild and re-energize our industry, our commitment to the 30 under 30 program and the professional development of our future leaders will remain essential.”
The 2022 30 Under 30 Class Includes:
- Sinothando Adonisi, Researcher, Cape Town Tourism
- Kayla Adams, Sports Sales Manager, Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Deanna Barclay, Senior Manager, Content, Visit Baltimore
- April Brown, Special Events Manager, South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Annie Cameron, Senior Marketing Content Manager, Discover Halifax
- Olivia Celata, Marketing & Travel Trade Promotions Manager, New Orleans & Company
- Skylar Clark, Director, Partner Marketing, Brand USA
- Tyler Cole, Economic Development Officer – Sports & Events, Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development & Tourism
- Zhavier Harris, Marketing Specialist, Visit Springfield
- Danielle Keller, Business Applications Specialist, Explore St. Louis
- Nick Kleva, Sports Tourism Manager, Visit South Bend Mishawaka
- Krystal Kusmieruk, Digital Marketing Manager, Visit Greater Palm Springs
- Ophélie Le Livec, Creative Design Specialist, VisitNorfolk
- Katie Ligon, Executive Assistant to the President/CEO, Memphis Tourism
- Brianna McEnroe, Social Media & Digital Communications Manager, Discover Long Island
- Kellie Myers, Convention Services Manager, Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Olivia Novak, Marketing Manager, Discover Lancaster
- Kaitlyn Parham, Digital Marketing & Design Director, Cobb Travel & Tourism
- Chris Riggins, Destination Marketing Manager, Destination Bryan
- Mary Rowe, Tourism Sales Administration Manager, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation
- Celeste Rodriguez, Digital Communications Specialist, Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (Visit Reno Tahoe)
- Taylor Savage, National Sales Manager, Experience Columbus
- Amy Shen, Sales Coordinator, Destination Toronto
- Mallory Snyder, Vice President of Business Development, Visit York County
- Lindsey Steck, Marketing & Communications Manager, Visit Pensacola
- Courtney Swenson, Marketing Manager, Stafford County, Virginia
- Davelyn Tardi, Communications Manager, Discover Puerto Rico
- Alexea Veneracion, Director of Communications, Visit Colorado Springs
- Jonathan Walker, Sports Sales Manager, Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Rasheedi Williams, Group Development Account Representative, Visit Orlando
Now in its 12th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, Northstar Meetings Group and PCMA. For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2022 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.
About the Destinations International Foundation:
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering
destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax deductible. For more information visit
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with more than 6,500 members and partners from over 650 destinations in approximately 13 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association that exchanges bold ideas, connects innovative people and elevates tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About the Greensboro Convention and Visitors Bureau:
The Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is an independent, non-profit governmental authority whose mission is to aggressively market Greensboro’s assets, maximizing economic impact while providing excellent visitor service. For more information www.visitgreensboronc.com