Arkansas tourism partners from across the state tonight honored the 2022 winners of the annual Excellence in Arkansas Tourism Awards during a ceremony at the 48th Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism, held February 27-March 1 in Fayetteville. The awards honor individuals and organizations that have made important contributions to the state’s tourism industry in the preceding year.
The winners were:
- Tourism Person of the Year: Kalene Griffith of Visit Bentonville
- The Natural State Tourism Development Award: Thrive, Inc.
- Tourism Organization of the Year: Visit Hot Springs
- Tourism Attraction of the Year: Hot Springs National Park
- Rising Star Award: Paul and Sarah Heer
- Tourism Region of the Year (People’s Choice Award): Diamond Lakes Region
The awards have been a feature of the annual Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism since their debut in 1981.
For more information, contact Leah DiPietro at 501-682-7606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Arkansas Tourism
Arkansas Tourism, a division of the Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage and Tourism, strives to expand the economic impact of travel and tourism in the state and enhance the quality of life for all Arkansans. The division manages 14 Arkansas Welcome Centers and employs more than 60 staff members across The Natural State. For more information, visit www.arkansas.com.