North Carolina is continuing to see fast and fair vaccine distribution. Now as the weather heats up, inquiries to the Visitors Bureau have increased with a similar theme: where can I get married or host a family and friends event outdoors? Here’s what we know. As always we encourage you to check the North Carolina Governor’s site on gatherings. https://www.nc.gov/covid-19/staying-ahead-curve
(919) 929-2263 “We are hosting small events and weddings on our patio and anyone that is interested can reach out to us thru firstname.lastname@example.org and someone on our team will be back in touch.” — Kevin Callaghan, Owner
New Venue in Chapel Hill, NC
Contact Jo Ellen Munsee: email@example.com
(919) 537-8703 Newly opened in 2020, this venue offers 15,000 square feet, a built-in bar, and tasteful decorations.
7316 Morrow Mill Rd., Chapel Hill, NC
The Barn of Chapel Hill at Wild Flora Farm is a twenty-two acre family flower farm. “We are now taking bookings for weddings and special events,” announced owner, Kara Brewer.
226 N. Lloyd’s Dairy Rd., Efland, NC
firstname.lastname@example.org The Barn at Lloyd’s Diary offers the ability to maximize your event with a full weekend package from Friday through Sunday.
1040 Duffy’s Way, Chapel Hill, NC
The Barn features wide wrap around decks with plenty of space to set up tables.
UNC Campus, 150 Stadium Dr., Chapel Hill, NC
Contact J.J. Oppegard: email@example.com
The Carolina Club is a wedding reception venue located in Chapel Hill on the University of North Carolina Campus. Having the ability to accommodate up to 350 people for a seated reception.
1001 Lipscomb Grove Church Rd., Hillsborough, NC
Contact Melissa O’Hara: firstname.lastname@example.org
(919) 213-1652 Carolina Grove is a unique wedding venue located north of Hillsborough. They also welcome private parties and corporate events at Carolina Grove.
211 Pittsboro St., Chapel Hill, NC
Contact Heidi Werner: email@example.com
The hotel is open and taking wedding reservations. And Crossroads Chapel Hill offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and with indoor and stunning outdoor patio service. The restaurant is just a short walk from popular nightspots on historic Franklin Street.
3110 Jones Ferry Rd., Chapel Hill, NC
firstname.lastname@example.org The Chapel Hill Carriage House lends itself to being a great location for DIY bride and grooms.
Chapel Hill Country Club
103 Lancaster Dr., Chapel Hill, NC
With several settings for ceremonies, Chapel Hill Country Club is a great location for weddings in any season and can accommodate event. Note: You do not have to be a member to have a wedding or event here. However, private dining does require membership or that you are a guest of a member.
Cloth Mill at Eno River
437 Dimmocks Mill Rd. Ste 3, Hillsborough, NC
Contact Nicole Clayton, Owner: email@example.com
(919) 914-9943 The Cloth Mill at Eno River is a black, woman-owned unique, urban wedding & event venue located in historic Hillsborough, NC
153 West King St., Hillsborough, NC
Contact Elise Tyler, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recently restored, from ballroom to boardroom, the Colonial Inn’s event and meeting space is available for your special event.
House at Gatewood
300 US-70, Hillsborough, NC
(919) 241-4083 The Gatewood Estate property located on Highway 70 in Hillsborough, NC is approximately 16 acres, includes three houses, a large pond, and beautiful landscaping features, and serves as both a culinary destination and a fun gathering place for locals.
Lavender Oaks Farm
3833 Millard Whitley Rd., Chapel Hill, NC
A magnificent setting of 60 private acres located less than 5 miles to downtown Chapel Hill, NC, very close to all the hotels, restaurants, and only 30 minutes to RDU Airport.
2004 Ben Wilson Rd., Mebane, NC
Merry Hill is a century farm with big views and dirt road privacy, art, antiques, peacocks, roses, bonfire, chandeliers, country house, separate grooms cottage, and beautiful bathroom facilities.
Contact Barry Jacobs: email@example.com
The 70 acres of woodlands and permanent pasture at Moorefields are currently maintained as a wildlife refuge. The property is administered by the Friends of Moorefields and is open for scheduled use by groups and individuals.
100 Old Mason Farm Rd., Chapel Hill, NC
Contact Aislinn Spain, firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Carolina Botanical Garden is now booking wedding ceremonies and receptions.
8519 Pickards Meadow Rd., Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 590-0407 A non-profit educational farm and learning center reside on 28 acres eight miles west of Chapel Hill, on what is—to the best of our knowledge—ancestral lands of the Occaneechi-Saponi, Eno, Tutelo, Tuscarora, Sissipihaw, Shakori, Saura, and Catawba. A wedding package allows access to the venue from noon on Friday until 11:00 pm on Saturday.
5501 Highway 54 West, Chapel Hill, NC
Rigmor is a Danish name meaning “rich mother.” The Rigmor House is an ideal venue for training sessions, short-term retreats, parties and weddings – accommodating comfortably up to 225 people inside.
Sheraton Chapel Hill (Re-opening Fall 2021)
1 Europa Dr., Chapel Hill, NC
Contact Alvin Sellars: email@example.com
Sheraton Chapel Hill is the NEW Wedding Destination in NC! Full renovation to be completed September 2021. While the hotel has a rich history in Chapel Hill with first opening its doors in 1981, the renovation is bringing the hotel back to life with a new modern twist.
1505 East Franklin St., Chapel Hill, NC
Contact Anthony Carey: Acarey@sienahotel.com
(800) 223-7379 The newly renovated boutique hotel features Juliet Balconies, modern essentials, and old world charm! They have one perfect Ballroom for weddings, ceremonies, and receptions.
Stone Church Farms Weddings and Events
The property is tucked away and private but still very convenient to town – within 11 minutes of Downtown Hillsborough, Durham and Chapel Hill. The Barn is a great space to host events and will accommodate up to 150 people.
Windy Hill Farm
1319 Carr Store Rd., Cedar Grove, NC
Windy Hill Farm is an authentic farm wedding venue focusing on conservation and stewardship, located just minutes from historic Hillsborough in the heart of the Carolina Piedmont.
Chapel Hill Restaurants with Outdoor Space