Pearland boasts a thriving culinary scene, fabulous shopping, amazing year-round events and affordable hotels. Step inside the only Hindu temple of its kind outside of India and dig into some of the tastiest German food in the country. For the outdoor set, Pearland’s variety of habitats make for fantastic bird-watching. If the outdoors do not call to you, enjoy some of Texas’ best craft beers and shop like there’s no tomorrow. These are just a few of the many things to do in Pearland. Situated just south of Houston, Pearland is both a destination all its own and the ultimate starting point to exploring the Texas Gulf Coast.
1. What is your destination most known for?
Pearland Texas has a thriving culinary scene, fabulous shopping, amazing year-round events, affordable hotels and a friendly culture.
2. Name one hidden gem that media should not miss when visiting your destination.
The Sri Meenakshi temple is the only one of its kind outside of India dedicated to Meenakshi, the goddess of marriage
3. What plans or events does your destination have scheduled that travel media should be aware of?
Plans are currently underway for the 2nd annual Music to My Beers event. Celebrating local craft beer and live music, the family-friendly event will be held at the Pearland Town Center.
4. What’s one feature that can’t be missed when visiting your website?
Don’t miss the 7 of the Best Things to Do in Pearland piece – https://visitpearland.com/things-to-do/
5. How did you hear about NATJA, why did you join?
I heard great things about NATJA from a tourism colleague and decided to join based on his experience.
6. Is there anything else you feel travel media should know about your destination?
Pearland is a short drive from Houston attractions including Space Center Houston at the NASA complex and the beaches of Galveston are within an easy driving distance.