December, 2023 – February, 2024
Love Catalina Island welcomes winter with special activities, offerings, hotel packages and events
As travelers head into the holidays looking for festive adventures and exciting experiences, Love Catalina Island, the official Tourism Authority of Catalina Island, offers its upcoming events and member’s newest additions for every visitor’s winter itinerary and the perfect “cold” weather escape. From celebratory holiday events, a 21+ walking food and cocktail tour, new scuba certifications and more, there is something for the whole family to experience. Explore a variety of seasonal hotel packages and activities to help plan the perfect family adventure or romantic escape.
Winter adventures on the island with loved ones await, with special offer activities and events including:
Best of Winter Packages – Now until March 15, 2024:
- Enjoy exclusive offers to explore Catalina Island’s charm during the quieter midweek at a discounted price. These exclusive hotel and boat packages combine overnight lodging at select hotels with round-trip transportation on the Catalina Express. The promotion is valid for stays Sundays through Thursdays, and hotels include options from budget to luxury with a deal for everyone. For a full list of participating hotels and offers, visit the website.
Scuba by Design – new certifications available:
- Private, concierge and adaptive scuba experiences and certifications for all, with a focus on ocean conservation. Existing PADI training is enhanced with brand-new offerings, including certifications through Scuba Schools International (SSI) and Handicapped Scuba Association (HSA). Rates are discounted up to 30% off with the code OFFSEASON. For information on cold weather amenities and diving for FREE on your birthday, visit the website. Photos here.
New Catalina Food Tours – all new restaurants:
- Taste the flavors of Catalina on a 2.5-hour guided tour featuring all new restaurants and Avalon’s best cuisine and cocktails! Explore the island’s culinary landscape during an all-inclusive experience ideal for first-time visitors or island veterans. Private, custom food tours are also available. Photos here.
- Join Catalina Island Conservancy and participate in a Christmas bird census for the National Audubon Society‘s 124th Annual Christmas Bird Count! This long-standing program records scientific data used for studies and will be held from 6:30 am to 2:00 pm at the Trailhead Visitor Center.
Maverick Helicopters Toy Drive 2023 – December 20, 2023:
- Join Maverick Helicopters and Air Methods to celebrate the holidays while spreading goodwill and cheer. Aircrafts will fly to the island with Santa and his Elves to deliver toys to Avalon’s children in need. Air Methods will also deliver donated toys to the Children’s Hospital of Orange County. Beware of the Grinch and his plan to steal the toys!
Catalina Divers Supply – Exclusive offering:
- Now offering the Avelo Dive System, a new innovative integrated tank that provides a unique experience that features a level of safety beyond traditional scuba equipment. For information on SCUBA Diving certifications, guided underwater tours and classes with Catalina Divers Supply, visit the website.
Polar Bear Swim and Plunge – January 1, 2024:
- Kick off the New Year in Avalon with a cherished Catalina tradition. The plunge is tailored to intermediate and advanced swimmers and offers an alternative family fun option at 11:30 am on Middle Beach for participants of all ages and abilities. Enjoy complimentary hot cocoa after the refreshing dip! Photo here.
- Embark on a trail-running adventure from 5:00 am to 5:00 pm. As California’s oldest Ultra Trail Run, this event features the 42nd annual 50-mile run & the 4th annual 50K run for ventures through Catalina Island’s stunning vistas and possible glimpses of bison! Funs will go to The Avalon Lions Club to support island charities and Avalon schools.
42nd Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup – February 24, 2024:
- Catalina Divers Supply is hosting the 42nd annual underwater cleanup, where hundreds of divers and volunteers will help protect the island’s marine ecosystem while supporting vital non-profits. As the only time scuba diving is allowed in Avalon Harbor, the cleanup will allow divers to explore while making a positive impact.
For extended descriptions of the updates, visit here.
Enjoy the festive season or ring in the new year on Catalina Island this winter where crowds have thinned, but the warm weather remains. Whether visitors seek adventure, relaxation, or romance, this island paradise has something for everyone.
About Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority:
With 230 members, the non-profit organization Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority is the champion of the island’s business community. The organization fosters a successful economy through the promotion of the island as an attractive destination for travel with a focus on sustainability. For more information, please visit www.lovecatalina.com. Travelers can also join the conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lovecatalinaisland) Instagram (@LoveCatalinaIsland) and Twitter (@LoveCatalina_).
About Catalina Island:
A picture-perfect island paradise just 22 miles off the coast of Southern California, Catalina is a beautiful, dynamic, eclectic destination with a rich history, wide open spaces, and fresh ocean breezes. Catalina offers 25 lodging properties and 300 vacation rentals, including bed and breakfast inns, seaside condominiums, charming bungalows and hotels. The Island boasts 33 palate-pleasing restaurants, lively seaside bars, and an abundance of on- and off-water activities and amenities. Also, home to eight marine sanctuaries and the Catalina Island Conservancy (with 48,000 acres of pristine protected wilderness), these island treasures offer endless year-round outdoor recreation possibilities. Catalina Island is the perfect getaway all visitors will love. For more information, please visit www.LoveCatalina.com