The North American Travel Journalists Association is proud to announce the Rob Jerome Travel Journalism Scholarship. Through Rob’s generosity, we are offering one-year complimentary media membership for 10 undergraduate or postgraduate students interested in exploring travel journalism as a career path.
Media membership will provide students with resources, tools, and networking opportunities specific to the field of travel journalism.
Membership into NATJA includes the following benefits:
- Enjoy the privileges of a NATJA-issued media badge, which can be used worldwide for media discounts and to confirm your status as media.
- Connect with other members through the NATJA website, through our Facebook Group, or in person at the NATJA Conference.
- Share your news with fellow members and over 3,000 media and destination subscribers in our semi-monthly e-newsletter, NATJA Notes.
- Post on the members-only Facebook Group, ask questions, get tips from fellow members and share your stories and news.
- Create your own profile, showcase your work, search our destination members directory, and connect with other media.
- Access complimentary webinars and up-to-date professional development at the annual conference as well as past conferences through the NATJA website.
- Enjoy a member discount to and interest-free monthly payment plan for the annual NATJA Conference & Marketplace, which includes hotel room, professional development, and opportunities to network with media and destination members.
- Submit story pitches for consideration to TravelWorld International magazine, NATJA’s magazine written and photographed by members which publishes four times per year.
Qualifications for this Scholarship
- Must fit one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student
- Post-graduate student
- Demonstrative interest in travel journalism
This grant is only for the first year of membership. After the first year, defined as 12 months from the date the membership is activated, the recipient can continue their membership by paying renewal dues, which can be done on an annual or quarterly basis.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MARCH 15, 2023
About Rob Jerome
Rob Jerome is a travel photographer and has written for bilingual Chinese-English publications and websites in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China. He has covered folkloric celebrations such as Carnival and emerging travel destinations in Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and Central and South America. Rob also engages in sports photojournalism involving Masters Athletics. Before becoming a photographer and writer, Rob was a partner in the management consulting division of a major accounting firm.
Rob has been a member of NATJA since 2006 and has served as an Advisory Board member since 2015.