We are back from an exciting conference in Puerto Rico. NATJA would like to thank the Discover Puerto Rico team led by Brad Dean and Leah Chandler for providing an entertaining and educational experience. They pulled out all the stops to share the beauty that Puerto Rico has to offer.
Check out photos and videos of all our activities, which you can find on our social media and on our website. All professional development sessions will also be available on our website in the upcoming weeks for all members who weren’t able to join us in Puerto Rico. This year’s professional development sessions included:
- The Editors Panel
- Preparedness + Agility: Learnings in Crisis Communications
- How to succeed in the travel and publishing industries when hard times hit
- Press Trips: Etiquette and Expectations
- Instagram for work: how to use social media to build your rep as a writer
- Inclusive Marketing: Reaching Diverse Communities
In case you didn’t hear, NATJA is headed to Fairbanks, Alaska for the 2023 conference, taking place May 15th-19th! Thanks to the Explore Fairbanks team, Scott McCrea, Leslie Young and Kasey Gillam for working with us and making the announcement on our final evening in San Juan.
Conference registration will open July 1st and monthly payment plans will be available, once again. We are in the process of finalizing details and we will have more information for you in the July 1st issue of NATJA Notes.
For those in the U.S., have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day!