Editor In Chief of World Traveler News – an International Travel Publication (A Division of Distefano Enterprises). Over 50 years of experience as an International photographer and journalist covering entertainment, travel, events and hard news.
1. What got you into travel writing?
I started first for many years as a rock & roll photographer and writer for about 30 years. Finally felt I had captured all the music artists I wanted, but still wanted to continue photography as well as to continue traveling so started a travel magazine.
2. What’s the most challenging part of being a travel journalist for you?
Hate to say it but as I get older (I’ll be 83 in 3 days) it is airline travel that is the most challenging
3. What is one thing [equipment or personal item] you can’t go without on the road?
Easy – my cameras and recorders.
4. What’s your most unusual and/or memorable travel experience?
My visit to various ethnic villages meeting the people in China. It was amazing.
5. How did you learn about NATJA and why did you join?
Received an email and felt NATJA was doing the things I valued.
6. What is the best piece of advice you could give to a rookie travel journalist?
Meet the people wherever you travel and they will show you the reasons for being a travel journalist.