Website LEGOLAND Florida Resort
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
Scope of Job:
We’re looking for an experienced Social Media and Digital Content Manager who is passionate about strategic storytelling and loves plotting effective content calendars to drive awareness, engagement, and revenue to LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Our Resort is truly built for kids to take the lead. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who can understand this positioning to create the best content strategy and guide its development from ideation through execution. In this position, you’ll build an online presence that captivates families through meaningful engagement and innovative content as an integral part of the marketing and communications strategy.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter, excellent planner, and top-notch communicator. To win on our team, you need to love fun, be genuine and be excited about making work AWESOME.
The LEGOLAND Florida Resort currently includes LEGOLAND® Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Water, Peppa Pig Theme Park and three onsite hotels: LEGOLAND® Hotel, LEGOLAND® Pirate Island Hotel and LEGOLAND® Beach Retreat. We celebrated our 10th birthday last year (whoa! Hey there, double digits!) and we’re continuing to grow.
- Craft a dynamic strategy, including the objectives, goals, and metrics, to be applied across the social media landscape to lead both organic and paid social media activity.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curating and creating content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Leading the development of all published content (images, video and written copy).
- Compiling report for management showing results (ROI).
- Collaborating with graphic designer and brand manager to develop strategically creative graphics, and work with videographer to capture and edit rich video content.
- Proactively generating programs/campaigns to build community of followers and fans
- Build and grow strategic influencer and kid’s vlogger programs
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy, providing recommendations for use and innovation.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Collaborate with media and digital agencies to provide best practices for social media content development.
- Closely monitor Resort website and app content and submit timely updates.
- Write imaginative, compelling, and family-focused content that engages audiences across digital platforms.
- Support the Senior PR + Communications Manager in managing media relations:
- Managing media contact and influencer database
- Frequently assisting with onsite media visits
- Writing strategic press releases, media alerts and marketing-related copy as directed
Background and Experience:
This role requires a minimum of three years of progressive experience in social media marketing with a proven track record for successful content creation and analysis.
The Social Media and Digital Content Manager needs to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in developing social media marketing campaigns
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships
- Computer proficiency in relevant social media platforms and measurement programs, as well as Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, & Excel
- Experience in social media management platforms, media monitoring and database systems a plus
- Experience in theme park, destination, hospitality or travel/tourism is preferred
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and demonstrate a strong personal desire to achieve results
- Capable of multi-tasking, in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment and be extremely detail-oriented and resourceful
A bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, advertising, business, marketing, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) from a four-year college or university is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations and events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Attendance, including onsite work at LEGOLAND Florida Resort in Winter Haven, Florida, is a mandatory function of this job.
What you’ll get…
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
About Merlin Entertainments
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we’ll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
To apply for this job please visit merlin.csod.com.