“This will be the first time Piccolo Zoppé has performed in North Little Rock, and we are excited to bring them to our city,” said Erica Warden, Director of Market Development for North Little Rock Tourism.
“What a better time than the holidays to gather your family and start a new tradition with this one-of-a-kind magical European circus that will capture your heart,” said Tosca Walther-Zoppé of Piccolo Zoppé.
The Piccolo Zoppé Winter Circus will perform under a big top in the parking lot at Bishop Lindsey Avenue and Magnolia Street (behind Rock Region METRO’s streetcar barn). Since 1842, the Zoppé family from Italy and now stationed in Arkansas has been entertaining families around the world. The circus, sponsored by North Little Rock Tourism, will have performances through November 19. Ticket prices range from $15 to $100 and are available online at https://secure.piccolozoppe.com/.
- Thursday, November 9, 6 p.m.
- Friday, November 10, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 11, 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 12, 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 13, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 14, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 15, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 16, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 17, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18, 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 19, 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
During its free, family-friendly “Christmas in July” event in July at Argenta Plaza, North Little Rock Tourism revealed its 2023 signature holiday events, including the addition of Piccolo Zoppé’s Winter Circus.
The holiday season kicks off with North Little Rock Mayor Terry Hartwick’s Tree Lighting Ceremony on Tuesday, November 7, at 6 p.m. at Argenta Plaza at 510 Main Street in North Little Rock. The community is invited to attend the ceremonial lighting of the city’s 38-foot Christmas tree.
On Saturday, November 18, North Little Rock Tourism, City of North Little Rock and Argenta Downtown Council will host its annual Northern Lights Holiday Festival at Argenta Plaza. The free, family-friendly festival includes photos with Santa, live entertainment, vendors, food trucks and holiday activities for children. An event schedule and more details to come.
The final anchor holiday event in North Little Rock will be the North Little Rock Sertoma Christmas Parade south on Main Street from Pershing Boulevard to downtown North Little Rock on Saturday, December 3, at 2 p.m.
“These four signature events are highlights of a robust holiday season of events, shopping and dining throughout North Little Rock,” Warden said. “Live music at Simmons Bank Arena and our smaller music venues; photos with Santa at McCain Mall; holiday specials at North Little Rock restaurants, holiday-themed theatrical productions…the list goes on. Along with our year-round, family-friendly activities like Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum and streetcars downtown, North Little Rock is a convenient and fun holiday destination.”
NORTH LITTLE ROCK TOURISM SIGNATURE HOLIDAY EVENTS 2023
- November 7: North Little Rock Mayor’s Tree Lighting Ceremony, Argenta Plaza
- November 9 – November 19: Piccolo Zoppé Winter Circus sponsored by North Little Rock Tourism, downtown North Little Rock
- November 18: Northern Lights Festival, Argenta Plaza
- December 3: North Little Rock Sertoma Christmas Parade, Main Street
For more holiday events in North Little Rock, visit northlittlerock.org/events.